Followers

Saturday 11 April 2015

Old Tractor Movies

As a fresh faced kid of nineteen I joined the Ford Motor Company Tractor and Equipment  Division as a demonstrator. I had a lot of fun made a lot of friends and carved a career out of selling and servicing tractors and machinery.

Here is a clip from a day with farmers in Tasmania way back when. The tractor I was showing them was the new FORD 3000 6Y series 8 speed manual.

The film is damaged and grainy but the ground was steep and the drivers had more courage than me.

Take a look and leave a comment if you would like more films like this posted.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the late Tim Kertland standing a County 754 up on its back wheels demonstrating in Sth Gippsland. Stump holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The county was a wonderful unit to operate in the hilly regions and one of the reasons I wanted to buy Valpadana Australia as the little tractors had that same low centre of gravity, great traction property. Unfortunately the deal was not as good as it seemed and now all I do is drive a keyboard telling stories. Thanks for the comment and sorry for the lateness of my reply, Terry

    ReplyDelete