Followers

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Graham Clark's Incredible Journey


A couple of weeks back I received news from Graham Clark in Europe about his battle with cancer and subsequent treatment to regain his health. Some of you will remember him from his days as a trainer with Ford Tractors and later New Holland. He visited us Down Under on a number of occasions and made many friends both here in Australia and New Zealand.

Graham let me know early this year that he wasn’t well and had a battle on his hands. He has approached this as he has with any task in his life . Below is the story of his journey so far.
He has produced a poster to use showing his treatment and if you would like a copy please let me know.

For anyone wanting to contact Graham just e-mail me and I will send your message on.

Terry
#####
For the last eight months, Cancer, specifically Head and Neck Cancer has ruled my life however thanks to a huge team of experts, their professionalism and knowledge it did not take my life.

I am one of the lucky ones!

After being released from Hospital despite being warned nothing will happen for weeks, you actually get worse for a period before you very very slowly improve. Improvement accelerates once you start to eat real food again. The liquids they pump into you during the darkest period, basically keep you alive!

Today, I am in remission, still not out of the woods yet but certainly going the right way. The tumour is reported as dormant, now down to a circumference of 1cm, down from 3,5 x 2cms, and we are waiting on a future MRI in November to determine if they will operate to take out the residual mass.

I am in for a lot of Hospital visits over the coming years, but all worthwhile.  The Cancer, Radiation Treatment and Chemotherapy are a walk in the park, however, it’s the associated side effects that are frankly horrendous. After the treatments, I'm currently left with a reduction in hearing, ear ache, tinnitus, 22% body weight reduction and Hand and Foot Syndrome and numerous other treatment associated issues.

Small prices to pay for life!

My Cancer was caused by the HPV Virus, which is the common cause of Cervical Cancer in women.

Today in many countries girls are vaccinated against this through a National Vaccination Programme. Boys are not included in any country that I know of, however they too can be vaccinated. William our son will be vaccinated as soon as he is 11 years old. With Head and Neck Cancers increasing in males, the pain and tremendous stress this creates can be avoided seeing vaccination well worth it.

This illness is now behind us and I look forward to many more years of life with renewed vigour, strength and enthusiasm.

Keep Healthy,

Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment